Friday, October 29, 2010

And on the other hand...

My last post was overly bubbly and up beat. It annoys me on days like this, when I am on the other side of the spectrum. I might have a multiple personality problem.

I blame my grumpiness on Halloween. I hate the holiday. I have for the last 5 years. It was ok in Utah because I would join forces with my roommates go through their closets and somehow we would come up with something. We would then acknowledge the fact that we hate Halloween and we would attend a skanky utah dress up dance or make a quick appearance at a ward party... or sometimes both.

But this year I am roommate-less, and Halloween option-less. This has thrown me into a state of missing. Missing my American friends and my American life. Chris Faires said today if I were down there we would be dressing up as Boggis, Bunce and Bean. That sounds fantastic to me. But alas I will probably throw on the smith-famous red long-johns and awkwardly make my way through yet another Lethbridge YSA dance.

2 comments:

  1. I love Halloween but I am missing being in Alberta. Where I have friends to go to parties with. Because going by yourself is awkward. No matter how much you love the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love boggis, bunce and bean!

    ReplyDelete