I have been saying "NOW, she is the perfect age" since she was like 3 weeks old. But I seriously think 6 months is it.
For my own documentation... at 6 months our little babe:
- is SO painfully close to crawling. She can get up on her hands and knees so quick and has recently started doing a funny little frog jump. But she hasn't quite figured out how to move her arms in this position, so it usually ends in a face plant.
- is a giggle box. A glance in her direction results in a giggle. Laying on the floor, she gets the giggles. Changing her diaper, giggle.
- the one thing that does not give her the giggles- seeing Matt or I walk away. This ends in a mico-fit. Even if its just to the other side of the room. This is a new thing for the babe... and Im not sure how to convince her that we aren't deserting her 20 times a day.
- has no teeth yet. But Matt is very consistent with his nightly teeth checks (maybe because its the closest thing to being a dentist hes got).
- has almost perfected sitting. She is pretty stable most of the time, but once in a while gets a little too excited about something and forgets shes sitting.
- participated in the "baby olympics" last week with my mom as the host. Of course Grandma awarded her with "Gold in all of you events!" but one of the crowd favorites was the rubber duck event. Where Brylin balanced a rubber duck on her head for a record breaking 37 seconds.
- is a blow out master. Last sunday morning I washed her pink, ruffle bum tights after being pooped on. She got all done up for church, and before it even started we had another epic blow out.
-LOVES her stroller. She spent a lot of time in there this last week and never makes a peep once shes in there.
- has improved greatly in her sleep patterns. After a month and a half of 10 hour sleeps every night, we had a real regression around Christmas time. She was in party mode and was getting up multiple times throughout the night. When we got back from San Fransisco in January, we went full force into sleep training (I think? I am still not totally sure what this term means... but I think its what we did). On average, she now goes to bed at about 7, wakes up at 4ish to eat (when shes feeling really nice we skip this step), and wakes up around 7:30. Im not sure how this compares to most kids at this age... but I will take it.
- is eating rice and oatmeal cereal like a champ. Her 6 month appointment is next week and Im excited for her to start trying... real... food.
- went swimming for the first time last Friday! Happy Valentines day to Brylin. It was outside and surrounded by palm trees, and she loved it. If all of the Provo baby swim lessons weren't full she would be starting next week... dang Provo and all of its millions of babies.
- is a strong believer in Stranger Danger. Our happy, smiley baby, crys instantly when someone she doesn't know takes her. Any tips here? I could use a few.
- is learning sign language. But is she really? Im not sure. For the last month we have been signing: Mom, Dad, bath, milk, and eat. We have a few months before we are supposed to see understanding of these signs. But by the looks she gives us I am just not sure there is any understanding forming.
Hahah this smile. Once in grade 2 Nicole forgot how to smile, and smiled like this for the next 3 years. Seriously. At least were getting this stage out of the way early.
Brylin had so much fun with Grandma and Grandpa... and Brigham?
Valentines babe in her lovebird outfit.
Why are these the worst quality ever? Apparently shes old enough to shop without the carseat. It hurts my heart. But makes my back and arms smile... the child is not light.