Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My new life as a Pronghorn.

How is summer over already! It has been the fastest/best summer of my 21 years.
I just got back from a glorious 2 weeks in Hawaii with my fabulous famski. We went to Kauai and Oahu. Papa Smith swam... in the ocean... without any flotation device. I never thought I would see the day. He also had a deep desire to eat the "belly of a turtle". He became quite the ocean lover.



I got to go back to BYU-H and remember all the reasons why I loved it. For some reason I expected to see all the same friends working at the PCC. Not one of them was there except for a guy I recognized from Haliakas audition that's in charge of one of the canoes. Apparently life in Hawaii has moved on without me.

I loved being able to see all these new glorious places with my family and show them some of the ones I have been reliving in my memory for the last 2 years.

Yesterday I went up to Calgary with Kelsey to visit Cassy. It had been a really really long time since I had experienced a good girls day. The day was made up of mall trips and cheesecake. 2 of my favorites. I loved the day and I really really love them.

In 6 days I will be going back to school... at the U of L. My miracle happened. I will start student teaching in a few weeks and be a teacher in a few years. My situation was taken to the Dean and I am in the CTS track... so I will be teaching computers/business... or at least that's what the plan is for right now. I feel so lucky and watched out for.

School started at BYU on Monday. I was a sad little Canadian. I miss my fellow Cougars even more than I expected and I even miss that over sized, overly-zoobied, bell ringing of a campus. Yesterday Kelsey pumped me up for Lethbridge life... and I have since become a much happier soul. I am excited to be able to go to all the things I have been hearing about for the last 4 years and try out a different scene. So I am excited to be a Pronghorn... even if it could be taken down by your average Cougar.

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited that you are here in Lethbridge!! I haven't seen you in ages! We will have to make this year super memorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the new Prong horn Tiffy! I was so very happy to see you today love you!

    ReplyDelete