Monday, January 20, 2014

November 2013

Sorry this is out of order. I just found this draft from November, and it made me feel a little bit better about not posting anything for months.


Brylin just turned 2 months old and I feel like we are just starting to get into some sort of rhythm. Im not sure how some moms go back to work or school after only a few weeks off. I have loved these last 2 months, and they have flown by- but easy would not be a way to describe them. There is a lot to get used to and learn when your helping a tiny little human get used to their new life. And apparently not a lot of sleep to aid in the process. 

Pre-Brylin the lack of sleep alone would be more than I could handle. Add in the crys I cant figure out, the spit throw-ups all over both of us (once at midnight at the airport after dropping Matt off), and the blowouts up to her shoulder blades- and on paper, I should not be able to deal with all of this.
But turns out being a mom is the best job ever. Apparently when you love a babe this hard, their body fluids and loud decibels aren't all that offensive.
The slow and steady transition to motherhood has changed my life in so many ways. Before Brylin I never had a day where I was too busy to shower. My occasional opting out of the event was by choice. Not anymore. Also never before has a shower felt like a mini vacation. 
I have never been so scared of time going to fast, or not remembering of somehow capturing every little detail of what happens in a day. Its actually quite ridiculous. I spend far too much time planning how I am going to remember everything that happens 30 years down the road. I am trying to live more "in the moment". While still getting some great pictures/journaling in ;)
I have never had any type of work "pay off" as much as my days with my baby. Its crazy how you can feel so much love and such a connection to a person who isn't even sure who I am sometimes.

This one time we captured Brylins first "real" smile. I have probably looked at this picture over 20 times in the last few weeks, and get a huge smile every time I do.

Matts dad was quick on the draw and captured this little face.




No comments:

Post a Comment